Monday, August 3, 2009

How do I make a "mini-guestbook" sort of thing for my website?

http://doodlebug.desktopcreatures.com/





at that site, on the right there is a box that says details about the drawing, and if you look above it, it says "comments." If you click there (it probably won't show it, u have to be logged in), it allows you to right a comment, and then it shows the comments. like a guestbook. is there a way i can make one of these for my website with html (or any of those sort of things)? sorry kinda confusing question.

How do I make a "mini-guestbook" sort of thing for my website?
Typically those guest book and comment sections are part of a pre-packaged deal that the website you are looking at is built off of. Blog engines like Blogger and Wordpress have comments and guest book like functionality built in. You could roll your own, but that might take a little dynamic programming (like with ASP.Net or PHP). Or you can try some 3rd party guest book widgets. I did a quick search for you and found this link... http://www.widgetbox.com/tag/guestbook


might be something there of use.
Reply:It also would not be that hard to build. I have programmed something like it before. As was already stated, there are plenty of third-party scripts that could do that. It just depends on what you want it to do.

online social networking

No comments:

Post a Comment