Monday, August 3, 2009

Editing online MySQL Guestbook Entry?

I'm curious





I've got a PHP Guestbook on my website with the tables and database hosted by MySQL.





The PHP Guestbook defines the look, as well as how it's displayed (referencing the MySQL database).





I've got a couple of TEST logs in the guestbook that are now viiewable on the site.





My question is, how do I manage/delete these?





It should be located SOMEWHERE on the MySQL Database right?


I assume all the data is logged there, is that correct?


If so, can you direct me as to where i should look?





Cheers guys!

Editing online MySQL Guestbook Entry?
The easiest method would be to use a managing program such as phpmyadmin to log into the database and browse the entries. If your host has php and MySQL then one would hope there is some sort of DB browser included in the package.
Reply:Who are you hosted with? I'm surprised that the PHP Guestbook doesn't allow you to manage entries, but nonetheless, if you've got access to the MySQL db (depending on your hosting provider), you can use their console to view the records and delete the ones you want. Typically this is through an interface like phpMyAdmin, but your hosting company would know - if you've got that info, let me know and I might be able to walk you through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment